We’re Obsessed With: Burgundy
Posted on October 11 2017
Fall has arrived, which means that now is the perfect time to swipe on your favorite burgundy products. The deep purplish red is made for this transitional season, and it adds a festive dash to any beauty look. One thing we love about the vivid shade? It packs some major punch and suits every skin tone.
Think beyond the classic burgundy-stained lip, and go bold for autumn by incorporating burgundy into your routine with the ideas below.
On your nails:
- The easiest way to add a punch of burgundy to your ensemble is with a statement manicure. Our “10-free” Nail Polish comes in several winning shades, from the truest Emperor (a rich burgundy crème) to the darker Bloodstone (a vampy deep red) and the deepest Bordeaux (a dark wine).
- Burgundy eyeshadow definitely demands attention. Simply swipe one layer of Vamp – a matte brick red – over your lid for a full wash of color. Want something less intense? Apply Aubergene – a more brownish neutral plum – or Vintage – a matte cedar rose.
- For a radiant glow on your cheeks, try our Blush in Molten (a shimmering smokey violet) or Haze (a sparkling warm raspberry). These burgundy-esque shades blend seamlessly over skin and are buildable to achieve your desired intensity of color.
- If you want to keep your options open, try our 3-in-1 Multi Pot in Florentina. This burgundy rose hue works on your eyes, cheeks, and lips.
On your lips:
- We have no shortage of burgundy-based lipsticks to choose from, but our favorites include Currant (a stained red wine), Maple Shimmer (a muted berry), Raisin (a cool burgundy wine), Vine De Amor (a bright red wine), Rapture (a matte reddish brown), and Femme Fatale (a deep red wine). Enriched with nourishing ingredients, this long-lasting formula will make a statement all night long.
- If you prefer a shinier look, swipe on our Lip Gloss in Mania – a deep red plum.
- Our Lipliner in Port (a purplish red), Hazelnut (a medium burgundy brown) or Wine (a blackened plum) will outline, define, and enhance the natural shape of your lips in the eye-catching hue. For a full matte look, use it the pencil to color in your entire lips.