Makeup You Can Wear at the Gym (Without Being Obvious)
Posted on March 29 2017
There’s no shame in wanting to wear makeup while exercising, whatever your reason might be. It’s easier than ever to work on your fitness while being all (or moderately) done up – the only thing you need to do is toss a few products into your Makeup Bag and you’ll never have to go into the world bare-faced again.
Rules to live by? The goal is to keep it simple and not overdo it with too many products that will weigh heavily on your skin. Opt for light and minimal, use items that help control shine, and don’t wear a ton of color. The no-makeup makeup look is a breeze to achieve, and it’s perfect for an hour of cardio.
Follow our tips on how to wear makeup at the gym below.
1. Make sure to degrease your face: To achieve a quick clean slate, keep a pack of our Organic Cosmetic Wipes on-hand – they’re drenched with hydrating and nourishing plant extracts that gently and effectively removes makeup and mascara. Bonus: These are also perfect to use for a wipe-down after your workout.
2. Hydrate your skin to counteract the water you lose when sweating: A few spritzes of our Sea Mineral Hydra Mist will tone, refresh, and hydrate your face before and after applying your makeup.
3. Wear oil-free foundation so your skin can breathe: Just a small amount of our Oil-Free Liquid Foundation will keep you shine-free while you get your fitness on. It’s designed to enhance the natural undertones of your skin and goes on lightly. If you want more minimal coverage, our Concealer – which can be used to camouflage imperfections or mask under eye circles – will do the job.
4. Always use water (and sweat!) resistant mascara: Designed to lengthen and thicken lashes without clumping or smudging, our gentle, non-irritating Mascara formula thickens and lengthens lashes for a bright, eye opening effect.
5. Give your cheeks a little glow and tint your lips: Our triple duty Multi Pot comes in six easy to apply shades, from Conch (a shimmering soft pink that will give you a slightly flushed look) to Magnolia (a peach with bronze undertones that will add some brightness to your complexion). Apply lightly with fingertips to your eyes, cheeks, and lips for a dewy finish – but remember not to overdo it.