Ultra Violet Beauty Products to Celebrate Pantone’s 2018 Color of the Year
Posted on January 02 2018
It’s official: Pantone has spoken, and the 2018 Color of the Year is Ultra Violet. The dramatically provocative and thoughtful royal purple shade looks stellar on nails, lips, and eyes—and we can’t wait to add the rich hue to our regular makeup routine.
Embrace and celebrate Ultra Violet this year by rocking our lineup of dreamy products in the color below.
On your nails:
- There’s no easier way to rock purple than with an energetic manicure. Our Nail Polish comes in an assortment of tones, but Reverie (a purple jade), Plumeria (a glossy purple), and 2017 (a metallic royal purple) will give you fingers that pop.
- Violet eyeshadow will have everyone fixated on your peepers. Brush on a layer of Dusk if you’re feeling bold—the glittering royal purple will give your lids a full wash of color. Want something less pigmented but still in the same tonal family? Apply Angel—a sparkling soft lilac—or Plume—a muted matte lavender grey.
- Our favorite method of wearing the shade is definitely with eyeliner. Go bright with our Liquid Eyeliner in Amethyst (a shimmering deep orchid) for head-turning definition. If your beauty style is more classic, our Eyeliner pencil in Indigo (a cool matte grape) makes a great substitution for black or brown.
- For a radiant glow, swipe on our Blush in Molten. Though the product—which features a subtle hint of violet—falls more on the pink spectrum, it will give your cheeks just a tint of the vibrant purple shade.
- We have several purple-based lipsticks to choose from, but Ultra Violet—a medium purple with opalescent pink hints—really goes for it. (And the name certainly fits!) Enriched with nourishing ingredients, this long-lasting formula will make a statement all night long. For extra shine, apply our Lip Gloss in Mania—a deep plum—to add a darker splash to your pout.
- Our Lipliner in Port (a purplish red) or Wine (a blackened plum) outlines, defines, and enhances the natural shape of your lips without pulling or smudging. For a full matte look, use it to color in your entire lips.