Did You Know? These Are The Ingredients We Never Use
Posted on February 10 2021
At Gabriel Cosmetics Inc. we're committed to health and ingredient standards that go above and beyond what is legally required in the United States. Our company prides itself on the integrity and transparency of which it was founded, and these core principles drive us to develop clean, mistake-proof, and results driven beauty products that don’t compromise on aesthetics, functionality, or accessibility. All of our earth conscious and ethically made products are formulated from 100% natural ingredients with no synthetic chemicals or animal by products, ever.
But what does “clean” really mean to us? While a detailed list of ingredients and their sources can be found on each individual product page, these are the ingredients that our products are ALWAYS formulated free of:
- Animal Ingredients — Our products are made from 100% natural ingredients. No synthetic chemicals or animal by-products are utilized, and no testing is ever done on animals.
- Coal Tar Derivatives or FD&C agents
- Gluten — Gabriel, Zuzu Luxe, and Clean Kids Naturally have been certified gluten-free by the Gluten Intolerance Group, while Gabriel Organics Skincare and Gabriel nail polishes are gluten-free but not certified.
- Hydrogenated Oils
- Lead — We have tight quality control policies and can assure that each product is tested during and after manufacturing for pH values, viscosity, microorganisms or any other contaminants.
- Mineral Oil
- Nano/Micro sized particles
- Parabens — Instead of synthetic parabens we use a natural preservative, Potassium Sorbate (plant/sorbic acid/unripe berries).
- Peanuts & Tree Nuts (Lip Gloss & Cuticle Oil contain Sweet Almond Oil, Mascara, Lip Primer, CC Creams and Banana Smoothie Conditioner contains Shea Butter, Hand & Body Lotion contains Hazelnut Seed Oil and Shea Butter)
- Propylene Glycol
- Castor Oil
Additionally, many of our products are coconut free—you can check out the full list on our FAQ page. And when it comes to our nail polishes, our non-toxic shades are “10 free” Free of: formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, formaldehyde resin, xylene, parabens, fragrances, phthalates, and animal ingredients.
We want you to know what’s in your beauty products (and we think it’s pretty important that you do!). Always feel free to reach out to us with your ingredient questions.