9 Ways To Combat Dry Skin
Posted on November 14 2017
Cold-weather skin is literally the worst. From the moment the temperatures drop the dry and windy weather sucks the moisture right out of your complexion. And if you've ever tried to apply makeup to shedding skin, you know the struggle is real and that the results are less than perfect.
So how do you combat seasonal dryness? Follow the tips below and you’ll be free of flakes in no time.
- Drink plenty of water to set the tone for your entire routine.
- Frequent hot showers and baths can lead to dry and itchy skin – make sure to take short, warm showers to keep your skin hydrated (it’s also better for the planet!).
- Swap to a gentle cleanser like our Sea Fennel Moisturizing Cleanser or White Seaweed Calming Cleanser, and always use your hands when washing rather than a washcloth. Make sure to avoid true soaps because they prevent water retention and make your dryness worse.
- Don’t skimp on the lip balm as the weather gets colder. There’s certainly nothing pretty about a chapped pout, and it makes wearing lipstick virtually impossible.
- Gently exfoliate 1 - 2 times a week with our Red Seaweed Gentle Exfoliator to clear away dead skin cells that prevent moisture from sinking into your skin – just make sure you don’t overscrub, which can heighten the problem.
- Use our Sea Mineral Hydra Mist after you turn off the water, but while you’re still in the shower. This spray can reach where you can’t, and helps to balance even the most temperamental complexions. Reapply throughout the day to refresh and hydrate your entire body.
- Slather on a moisturizing cream – try our Seaweed Nourishing Moisturizer – right out of the shower onto damp skin.
- Use a humidifier in your bedroom at night and at your office during the day to fight the moisture-sapped air.
- Use a face mask before bed – like our Hydrating Sheet Mask – for noticeably more soft and supple skin. It will seal in moisture and rejuvenate your dull and lackluster complexion.