After we spotted watercolor eye makeup on the spring 2017 runways, we couldn’t wait to try it. The combination of pastel colors with just a dash of sparkle is a perfect take on the smokey eye for spring – and the dreamy mix of soft hues instantly had us hooked.
The key to making this look work for everyday is a choosing a fresh combination of muted pastel hues that doesn’t overpower, but still stands out. All you need to try the trend at home? Our ethereal Aura Palette and a set of great makeup brushes. It’s actually fairly simple to recreate – follow the steps below and you’ll have radiant peepers in no time.
- Start with a freshly cleansed and moisturized face and apply your usual foundation. Use our Eye Primer to prep your eyelids for longer lasting color.
- Apply Nimbus – a shimmery light steel purple grey – to the inner half of your lids, nearly to your brow bones.
- For the outer half of your lids, use Moonlight – a shimmery light aquatic blue. Blend the two shades together where they meet.
- Lightly apply Horizon – a shimmery pale green blue – along your lower lash line, bringing it from the outer corners all the way inward.
- Apply Translucent – a matte barely there finishing powder with a hint of sparkle – heavily to the inner corners of your eyes to create a brightening effect.
- Swipe a thin line of our Liquid Eyeliner in Raven along your upper lashes and apply two coats of Black Mascara to keep your lashes soft, long, and sleek.
Perfectly pastel eyes, made.