The always-gorgeous Selena Gomez not only wowed on the red carpet at the 2017 Met Gala in a custom embellished Coach gown and dazzling Tiffany & Co. jewels, but she also cemented the fact that pink is here to stay.
The star wore gorgeous bold eye makeup in the shade that turned heads as she made her way into the annual New York City event, and we couldn’t look away. Her striking magenta cat-eye is certainly not for the beauty-shy, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try it – or a slightly toned down version – out for yourself. Because let’s face, she looks so pretty it almost hurts.
Want to rock her daring look for your next night out? Follow our how-to below and recreate it at home.
- Create a smooth base by evening out your skin tone with our Moisturizing Liquid Foundation.
- Tightly line your upper and lower lashes with our Liquid Eyeliner in Raven, getting thicker with the color as you make your way to the outer corners.
- On your eyes, apply several coats of our Mascara in Black to expertly define, separate, and create maximum lash volume.
- If you want to go all out with pink, use our buildable Blush in Vibrant Pink and apply it to your eyelids – smudge outwards to create a bright base and dust your inner corners using our Precision Brush. For a color that’s slightly less intimidating, opt for our Multi Pot in Dahlia, Eyeshadow in Angel, or Blush in Harmony from our Aura Palette.
- Define your brows with our Cream Brow Pencil to shape, fill-in, and define your arches for major impact.
- Apply a light layer of Willow – a cool soft pink Blush – to the apples of your cheeks and up your cheekbones.
- Complete the look by defining your pout with our Lipstick in Nude, a neutral crème flesh tone. Add a dab of our Lip Gloss in Crystal for a touch of shine.