In a perfect world, we’d all have perfect skin. But because that isn’t the reality, we’ve put together a list of advice that will help you achieve your best skin ever.
Keep scrolling for 12 tips to get you the glowing and flawless complexion you desire.
- Get Your Beauty Sleep: Give your tired skin the time it needs to rest and recharge to promote cellular repair—just make sure you wipe off your makeup (try our Cosmetic Wipes if you’re in a rush) before hitting the sheets.
- Never Skip Sunscreen: Use a heavy hand when applying and make sure you cover your entire face, including your neck and chest.
- Speed Things Up: Don’t wait too long after washing your face (or your body) to apply moisturizer. You have a short window after cleansing to put on a hydrating product before the moisture on your skin begins to evaporate. Try our Seaweed Nourishing Moisturizer for your face and our White Seaweed Healing Hand & Body Lotion for your body.
- Eat More Antioxidants: Load up on antioxidant-rich foods—like berries, dark green veggies, sweet potatoes, and pomegranates—to promote a naturally radiant complexion that can defend itself from pollution, stress, and more.
- Cut Out Excess Sugar: Eating less refined sugars (which inflame and harden the skin) can help tame breakouts and ward off early signs of aging.
- Reassess Your Routine: Use a mindful collection of products based on the season instead of having a set routine all year long. In the winter you may need to introduce new products to combat dryness, and in the summer you may to try products to combat the heat. Other factors like pregnancy, illness, or added stress can mean it’s time for a new product regimen. Check out our different products tailored to each skin type here.
- Mask It Out: Don’t be afraid to try out different facial masks, which can help them treat temporary conditions like sensitivity and dryness. Our variety of Sheet Masks, Sea Clay Purifying Mud Mask, or Seaweed Hydrating Mask are all winning options.
- Exercise Early On: Your blood flow is boosted when you work out, which ensures that your skin is getting the oxygen and nutrients it needs to be healthy—exercising in the morning will give you a glowy flush to start the day.
- Drink More Water: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. You already know the amazing benefits of drinking more H2O. Need we say more?
- Avoid Nasty Ingredients: What you put on your body just as much as what you put in your body. All of our products are made from 100% natural ingredients with no synthetic chemicals or animal by-products—they’re also vegan and gluten-free. (See more of what our products are formulated without here)
- Exfoliate Gently: As you age, cells turn over at a slower rate—that’s where exfoliation can help. But don’t overdo it. Use a gentle product like our Red Seaweed Exfoliator to help remove dead skin cells a few times a week.
- Be Very Diligent: There are no shortcuts when it comes to flawless skin. You must commit to doing your routine every morning and night to see continued results.